Thursday, December 17, 2020

home, butter, clootie, crunches, rod, op/pro, daughter

 * While moving through the day I mentally listed what walking into the home would mean...a hot shower; dog play; water, water, water, to drink, drink, drink. 

* "knob of butter"

* I want to make a clootie. (Spell check gave that a red dot line--don't they have no culture (Scottish)?

* Tire crunches as they pass in the street.

* I have a rod Christmas tree--8 horizontal rods of decreasing lengths as they rise,  intersecting a vertical rod, to the top star. Empty, I draped it with my jewelry and put a red satin bow on top.  Realized that is what my mother did with a tree branch found after a whooshy wind storm on the Big Island in 1955. Jewelry decorations.

* Resigned to the inescapable operation/procedure, as I lay on the gurney I marveled at the ballet of professional hospital people who held back the curtain to enter. A nurse said she had the same op/pro two days ago (reassuring to me). The gyn knew to announce herself figuring that I would not recognize her (she gets to wear jewelry!). Although each asked the same questions (were they trying to trip me up?) which can be a bit daunting to a foggy brain slowly turning to mush as needed, they all were kind and calm. The anesthetist reassured me that, no, I would be sooooo far sedated that there was no way I would wake up as I did, screaming, during a past procedure. Ultimate delight engulfed me when the tiny assistant anesthetist dashed, raced, careened, my sides up gurney to the OR. What exhilarating fun to feel the air made cool by  speed whizz past my only wearing a hospital gown body. 

* A daughter who jumped out of the homeward bound car for a dash into the hospital to pay the pharmacy, as I did not bring $ or card. 

**** And they did the weight in metric!!!!

No comments: