Tuesday, February 2, 2021

knives, Feb, arrived, spelling

* Does the direction knives are hung on a kitchen wall denote something?  Horseshoes with ends up or down means something, I cannot remember.

* The early Feb sunshine does much for my non alcoholic spirits. 

* Whatever is said about Amazon, I ordered post-mastectomy garments on Friday and they arrived today in time to be washed and hung on the line.

* There are words whose proper spelling escapes me so I just let them lie if I know I will use them infrequently. When 10, I found one whose spelling I needed to remember in order to escape my mother's wrath. We had just moved back to the mainland and I was at last old enough to write thank you notes and letters to mostly never been met relatives in a small Ohio town where they had remained even as my parents had fled. The town has a challenge to pronounce and spell name derived from a Native American language. I displayed my efficiency by combining my Christmas thanks notes with my January birthday thank you notes--or was it procrastination? Anyhow, learning, memorizing, the spelling of the town name helped me escape my mother's irritation. Two words recently have traipsed into my life to force me to specifically remember their spelling:cemetery (a third 'e' not an 'a') and mastectomy (thought it was masectomy--whoops! there goes the spell correct red line). Yipes! I do hope they will not be used in the same sentence in the near future.

No comments: