Wednesday, March 17, 2021

cakes, plows, ledge, art, blood

 * Bedtime reading to my children was a joy. I came upon 'The Cupboard' recently and decided to recipe Banbury Cakes......"roll out the pastry to the thickness of a one pound coin".

* Something never before seen :  snow plows on this street.

* Andy Weir : Things did not go exactly as planned but I'm not dead so it's a win.

* "talked off the ledge of a tantrum'

* Leonora Carrington : There are things that are not sayable. That's why we have art.

* Think of your heart as hugging your own blood with every squeeze.

* The modern use of the word 'activist' continues to send prickles of irritation  through me. The Oxford Dictionary translates it as 'policy of vigorous action'. Well now, come on. Are we all, living beings, activists? All day long I am in the throes of vigorous action. I fling off the 6 quilts I sleep under, gyrate out of bed, navigate the dog minefield hallway to retrieve kitchen stored pet food.....and so on until blissful bed at which time I vigorously gasp for air aided by a machine. By the way when am I going to be able to sleep under fewer than 6 quilts? One night recently it was the 6 quilts, thick socks that are yummy chew toys for the dogs, my long puffy black winter coat and what my room mate calls my Eskimo Nell hat....and my Canadian mittens (knitted on one is 'eh').

* Great gratitude and mask covered smiles for the tree guy who in record time came to investigate the downed limbs of the backyard's maple.

No comments: