Friday, December 30, 2022

birds, paint, act, easel, stalks, girls, restraint

* I arrange a bird replenishing place--food and water. Each morning still in my nightgown I carry a hot, steaming pitcher of water to the watering hole. I dump out the ice onto an already established mound  and empty the pitcher. Back inside with quilt curtains open I watch the birds congregate and dart around the feeders. The water continues to steam, gradually cooling, until in four hours time it is frozen. I read an article recently about how to keep sparrows from bird feeders. Why would I want to do that? 'His Eye Is On the Sparrow'

* I finally settled on a color for the  frames put 3 years ago around the new (then) windows of my office. Now 'desert glow' is beside my mandarin orange walls. 

* Finding an actor I had never heard of and viewing his movies in chronological order to understand his development.

* How to clear a room of sleeping dogs...arrange an easel too near an open door so that when closed it bumps the leg and sends the easel and bulletin board flying.

* Tall stalks of eucalyptus dispersing aroma throughout the room. 

* The genius of a show runner who limits the number of episodes filmed which helps concentrate on the quality. We all want more of good things. Years ago a friend advised me that one drink is enough--a person thinks they want more but with more the enjoyment and satisfaction diminishes. Restraint.

No comments: