Tuesday, July 7, 2020

expedition, o/c/h, lady

* We plan our expedition assiduously, checking our watches (phones, really), endeavoring to complete our mission with the least amount of stress pounding into our overheated bodies. I aim the car into a 30 minute space. Not the best location because it is just by the corner and pulling back out of it is problematic. (I like using 'problematic'. The possibilities of the problems possibly presented are plural.) Time! Ready! Go! He carries the basket. Many comments I have received about that basket. Time is evaporating! He returns! Home now with salsa, burrito (we share), queso. No margs this time--too early in the day. 

* The ottoman/cassock/hassock I have had forever spilt its seams last week. The top removes to expose a hiding place which no one knows about unless they pick it up weirdly. I have secreted in that place telling myself I definitely would remember my secretion many times only to forget and done without stuff until I remembered (usually in the middle of the night). Whether or not I remembered in the morning was a challenge. If my mother were here she would not rest until she recovered the o/c/h for me but she is not here, she is resting in the netherworld. Solution...duct tape. A little store I attend has a limited supply of dc. I do not like to go to big stores. The red xed tape does not quite match the red of the o/c/h however it all is just as comfortable.

* "There is a lady in the drawing room."

No comments: