Saturday, August 22, 2020

Gorky, Phil, safe, Olten, dog

* 'Without Gorky' Dates, times, evil, decimation all become more real when told through an individual's life. I sink into relief at the stark truth, long not admitted by a country whose name begins with a 'T', that, yes, yes, this happened.

* 'Somebody Feed Phil' The face timing with his parents at the end of each episode which incorporates them into what he is experiencing. Phil travels with good humor, without the edgy malice of Tony.

* Learning of trusted safe places, friends, extended family that women have retreated to.

* I am moving to Olten, Switzerland. Fine cocoa powder exhausted through the ventilation system of a chocolate factory, covering the town. I will stand outside with my open mouth tilted skyward as I did as a child in a snowfall.

* The black fluffy dog follows me to rooms: "How long will she stay here? Shall I get comfortable?"


 

No comments: