Tuesday, October 6, 2020

vine, do, Harvey

 * We all are quite affected by unplanned step changes/quantum leaps currently. I considered mentioning paradigm shifts but evidentially that term refers to mental changes only. I am going to use it anyway because I like how it sounds:paradigm shift. (No, that is not 2 old fashioned nightgowns for ten cents.)Floating around in this miasma (noxious atmosphere) of surprises I find many, many constants. The stars remain, as do the sun and moon. My cravings for coffee ice cream and cola persist. For thirty falls the vine leaves on the fence by the post office have become in October a brilliant heart stopping red. This vine covers a fifty foot long wire fence. At last week's visit the northern four feet of the fenced vine had become red leaving the remaining footage summer green. Today, today, the entire length of the fenced vine was red, really red, red, red. Although I have a working relationship with plants, until today I never sought to identify this vine. The red has mesmerized me for thirty Octobers to a numbing. On this visit I popped off leaf clusters for identification. Achieving this popping meant creating a close relationship with the vine (I wore my mask). I found light green pea sized berries  connected to the leaves. Off to the plant nursery went I, a not boring excursion because the tree leaves have begun to mutate color and it is fun to drive around. Virginia Creeper!! Sounds like an east coast serial killer. No, no, a constant October green to red vine.

* "The dog ate my bra. Thank goodness I don't wear one with an underwire anymore. I think the underwire bras gave me cancer." Says he,"Underwire bras have killed more women than any other garment." After quiet contemplation I could not think of a refutation.

* Elwood P. Dowd: Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

* Dr Sanderson: I think that your sister's condition stems from trauma.                     Elwood P. Dowd: From what?                                                                               Dr Sanderson: Uh, trauma. Spelled t-r-a-u-m-a. It means shock. There's nothing unusual about it. There's the "birth trauma"-the shock of being born.....                     Elwood P. Dowd: That's the one we never get over.

* Veta Louise Simmons: Myrtle Mae, you have a lot to learn, and I hope you never learn it.

* Elwood P. Dowd: Wouldn't that get a little monotonous, just Akron, cold beer and 'you poor, poor thing' for two weeks?

* Regarder 'Harvey'!!

No comments: