Saturday, December 30, 2017

chicken, still, tarps, paper

* Strolling past the roasting chicken display at the market. Oh! To climb into it, to live in it for the winter. I content myself with standing in front of it, basking in the aroma and the radiating heat.

* "Jesus has not been in Whole Foods" meanders through my mind as I pass the display of still water.

* To market, to market to buy tarps....shall I dash into the smelly, dark, guaranteed to be depressing big box store or.......the hardware store. No real quandary. The hardware store wins in a breath. I spend satisfying quarter hours browsing through things I do not need but that fascinate me. Much time elapsed, I walk out with the tarps and paint chips.

* Choosing Christmas wrapping paper to line drawers and looking forward to opening the drawers in the summer heat.

No comments: