Wednesday, January 24, 2018

panic, read, grumpy, cocoon, egg, conjuring

* Panic stricken, bleary eyed grumps, a wild morning at the coffee shop. The coffee maker is broken.

* Reading Red Famine as I eat lunch.

* Two grumpy ladies in the car driving to class this morning. I begin searching for positivity. Hooray, it is daylight. The sun responds by smacking me in the eyes as I turn east. "Okay lady, I'll give you some daylight!"

* The cocoon of absent mindedness. I forgot I have a nodule in my lung until the tech mentioned that that is why I am having a scan. Oh, yeah. Later, I find that it has not grown. "What's he doing in the basket?" "Er....not much!"

* I poach an egg.

* Lying in bed conjuring up zingy repartees. Walter Mitty am I.

* I remember the day we got all kinds of health explanations for him.
"You are taking this very calmly," he said.
"Oh," I said, as I mapped in my head the nearest hardware store. I needed nails, long nails. And a hammer to pound them into the brick wall I was sitting next to.

* How many episodes does this Turkish  soap opera have? Oh, yes. I am watching it over and over again. "How many episodes does that have?" my roommate asks. "I don't know," I reply. But really, it is interesting. The Brits do not come off too well, though. Portrayed by Turkish actors, of course. And all the Brits know perfect Turkish. No mention of the Armenians.

No comments: