Friday, March 2, 2018

good day, dog, movie

* I sit with  the glow of jobs completed today. One involved a man come to talk about construction work I have been looking forward to. Dates set. Dogs well behaved. Not wanting to waste a warm day I began cleaning leaves and muck out of the rocks outside. Though the wind comes up I persevere, catching the muck before it dances away and prying out rocks frozen into the arrangement. No gloves. Filthy  hands. Dirt under my nails. Hamstrings stretching. Realizing belatedly I must look dreadful bent over with my arse tipped to the sky. And now I sit with glowy cheeks reading Built.

* I am more sure about this than about anything else in my life now or at any time before:this dog would lie against me 24 hours everyday and demand that I rub his ears (and haunches, and tummy, and back, and the base of his tail, and, and, and) if I let him. Oh. Maybe he would jump down to crunch the food in his bowl. (Bathroom break for me.)

*Blue, the movie. 


No comments: