Sunday, June 23, 2019

silverware, uncertainty, sun, ?

* Mom’s company silverware has been on vacation in the far back of the cupboard forever. I have been saving it—until today when I asked myself “Why?” and “For what?”. Oh, yeah. That Thanksgiving block party=no. I chose a feminine flowery fork for my sautéed cabbage. Half way through the treat, I realized the fork had not been washed since 1990. Do people slather silverware polish before storing?

* The radio badgers me daily with their opinion that times are uncertain. Uncertainty is not new (if indeed these are uncertain times)-heard of the French Revolution? Plague in the neighborhood? Russia in 1917 if your name was Romanov?

* Early, early, I tiptoe onto the deck and deposit myself in a slice of sunshine. The garden has been shrouded in mist and rain for the last two days. I bask. I breathe. I read. Clouds develop and off I dash back into the house. (Then, thunder)

* I have great fun dissecting thoughts with my room mate. Is there pure grief? Is there ever pure love?

No comments: