Saturday, July 20, 2019

charts, sheep, immersion

* Flow charts are such lovely, motionful things. Just when I cannot motivate myself to accomplish slipping my sandals I begin such a chart and it really does move. The chart. Feet still bare.

* I ventured out into the garden on an at last cool day with thunder miles away. "Wellllll. If I disconnect these 4x4's, turn them around, get more soil, I can double the size of the perennial bed." Sandals on, no SPF, a long hunt for a Phillips. The job not totally done when the rain comes, I realize (and make my room mate guess) what I have not planned for. I have eliminated the exit from the shed path for the lawn mower. Anyone have sheep for sale?

* Do not tell anyone but I have been watching a particular movie over and over again, repeatedly, for a month. My go-to background sound. I know all the dialogue and hum the music. It takes place in '45 and boy, do I want to seductively pull cigarettes from a silver case. My sinuses fill just thinking about inhaling and creating rings. Garter belts and stockings, no rigid shoulder pads in this movie. When I set the director conversation mode I find out the little packets in the bathroom drawer contain '45 condoms. When the action finally begins no condoms are used. Taken from a book, I analyze the decisions to subtract plot elements for the movie. Must. Go. Watch.......

No comments: