Friday, January 8, 2021

Whyte, photos, coffee, competence, bibopsy, sofa, cat, challenges

* 'A Morning Poem' by David Whyte

* Collecting photos from Tumblr I realize so many are of fuzzy animals.

* I do not understand the allure of coffee. When it hits my belly I feel uncontrollably bouncy and discombobulated. The steam rising from a cup is cosy and moisturizes my sinuses, yes. The warmth transmitted to my hands while holding a hot cup is arthritis soothing, yes. Now, coffee ice cream=oh, my!!

* 'crises competence'

* Another Monday, another bibopsy.

* Though fed, watered, and pooped, the dogs do not settle while I work at my desk. I admit defeat and wander to the sofa. Minutes later in the quiet of the house I rouse from my concentration and realize they are on either side of me, snoring.

* Someone who comes to my house infrequently is a cat person and does not understand that dogs want to be recognized and greeted by visitors. She has concluded that my dogs are wild and untamed because they descend upon her noisily en masse when she steps through the doorway. How would she feel if I ignored her when she visited?

* 'God only gives to you the challenges He knows that you are strong enough to bear.' So if I were a weaker person I would not be presented with such challenges?

No comments: