Monday, January 18, 2021

windy, lion, light, shadows

* In the windy yard most of the day, lumberjack hat on tight around my ears, the fur frames my view. I move the carefully placed last fall Granny Smith green bench closer to the house and wallow, sun-bask on it, reading. At intervals I putter at chores--watering the new trees, raking leaves left lying since November, snapping tree limbs blown from their homes, remarking the hoped for patio. What beauty is life!

* Grace Clement : If you live with your head in the lion's mouth, it's best to stroke it some.

* Shafts of light touch a mug filled with yellow mums and greenery at the end of the dark hallway. 

* I consider that I should be productive today then everything that appears urgent gets struck down so that I end up sitting, watching what the moving shadows do.

No comments: