Friday, October 20, 2017

alleys, aerie, drink

* I pine for alleys. I miss alleys. I grew up with an alley. An alley to short cut through. To burn trash in (a perfect way to learn about fire--how to start, control, put out,effects of wind on). To view the other sides of people's lives. (Riding a train is another way to do that.) I am viewing an alley right now at the apt where I am dog sitting. (Always thought that was weird "Sitting on a dog") I am high up and looking straight down a paved (fancy!) alley with brick and adobe fences which come right up to the alley's sides. I would have to bounce like a ball to see over them and into backyards. This part of town has utility poles with lines crisscrossing the alley.

* Not many distractions in my dog sitting aerie (sp? 'High up nest'). No radio, tv, internet sketchy. Wallowing in books and knitting and watching a huge dog sleep in my favorite chair. The boys' school plays taps at 9 every night and bells of the church chime hourly.

* I walked to the local farmers' mkt yesterday. Had a cold icy mint-cucumber-lime drink. Found the NYT.

No comments: