Monday, October 23, 2017

points, sleep, flight

* I am flummoxed. (don't know what it means but always liked the sound of it) I am semi packed to leave a dog sitting job and only just now realized that for a week I have had my cardinal points mixed. Last night I was fumbling with my phone and found the compass. South is not where I thought it was. All the palm trees have misled me. Couldn't see the sunset properly.

* Why are dogs like children? They drag (yes, literally) you out of bed at a godly hour, demand nutrition.....then wump  back to sleep. Can I return to sleep? Hades no. The garbage I have not put in the bin for a week thumps me in the nose while my guilt at eating the cupboard bare squashes my brain.

* So, another flight tomorrow. Another struggle for luggage at the carousel, another marathon to the shuttle. Moving on, moving on, moving on.

No comments: