Sunday, July 5, 2020

mudlarker

* A real gem...Knowing, acknowledging,  another person's joy and satisfaction. I follow the page of a London mudlarker. She shares photos of her finds in situ, while held in the palm of her hand, and cleaned up. She wrote, "Friday evening, on a quiet, dark and sultry foreshore, the river finally gave me what I've been waiting 15 years for...a medieval pewter pilgrim badge. I danced a jig, I squealed and I haven't stopped smiling all weekend! St Osmonde, mid 15th century and the only hand that's touched it in almost 600 years is mine." I am deeply appreciative of and am fascinated by people who give their whole heart and energy and being to their non-confrontational, positive  interests and passions. She has found a quiet oasis in a bustling city as she with surgical gloves and knee pads searches in the muck of a tidal river. It is people calmly, quietly, evenly getting on with living that are brilliant. They are life's real gems.

No comments: