Tuesday, November 28, 2017

cogitating

* Cogitating, as R and I so often did----how do we consider a person who creates aesthetically pleasing stuff but is a total s**t in personal life? Kicks dogs. Cheats on people. You know what I am writing about. 
This conundrum particularly came into our life when a man in our town who creates award winning books and is lauded by many shook and screamed at my 9 year old son at a party. End of my relationship with that author!  R persevered, even collaborating with the man.
And then there is a woman who screamed like a banshee (melting the telephone cord if I had one) at me the last time we (actually only she) spoke. I appreciated her networking ideas but come on.
This particular question is much in the news now.Do we compartmentalize? Do we cross them off our Christmas card list? Do we limit contact? Do we continue to pay $ to see, read, listen to their creations? Do we consider on individual cases?
Ah, well. This is not a gem except that it illustrates that I am still thinking, considering, being. 
And then Sam Shepard comes back to me: "Outfly them. Avoid situations that are going to take pieces of you. And hide out."

No comments: