Sunday, November 26, 2017

S. Claus, piles, fingernails, Tatlock, giggle

* What kind of moisturizer does Santa Claus use?
   Jojoba oil.

* I live from pile to pile: dirty clothes (high enough so the dog will not chew them), clean clothes (moved from chair to bed when I optimistically plan to sort them and put them away)(and most often moved back to chair so that I can sleep). I am perfectly great with this routine.

* Oh, Mother. If you could see my fingernails now. When I was young, even after marriage, you constantly bemoaned my gnawed off nails. See them now.? I have to trim them in order to use a keyboard!

* My thoughts slip back to my high school geometry teacher who told my father that I would never amount to anything. My father passed that bit of wicked analysis on to me. (Why? Who knows. To inspire me to work harder?) I am still at this advanced age flummoxed. Floored. To serve that kind of anathema  on a 15 year old is......the word escapes me. And so Mr Tatlock, Mr Ken Tatlock.....I say to hell with you.

* I inwardly giggle at the two women beside me at the cafe who are upset that I can hear their words. Sweetie pies, if you do not want to be overheard do not talk like that. 

No comments: